Minimum English language requirements for incoming ERASMUS students is B1 (CEF level).
Deadline for ERASMUS studies applications:
Autumn semester: 30 June
Spring semester: 31 October
Incoming ERASMUS students should arrive for they studies in Aleksandras Stulginskis University between 15 and 25 September in Autumn semester and between 25 January and 05 February in Spring semester. Study periods:
Autumn semester – 01 September (15 September for International students) – 31 January
Spring semester – first Monday of February – 15 June
Studies of incoming ERASMUS students in Aleksandras Stulginskis University (ASU) are organised in two ways:
- if the subject is teached for degree students in English (code INT) – the foreign ERASMUS students are free to join it;
- if the subject is selected only by incoming ERASMUS students (code ER) – it will take place only if the group of 6 students will be formed. The studies in that case will take place mostly in form of supervising. It means that the teachers will work with the students individually. The lessons are provided only when subject will be attended by at least 11 students.
Contacts for additional questions of foreign students:
– Advising on the study subjects – ERASMUS contact persons in faculties
- Booking the Students hostel – Vaidas Bartusevičius, (Hostel No 2, R.102);
- Advising regarding accommodation in Kaunas – Students Union, Hostel No 2);
– Buddy and students’ help – Students Union, (Hostel No 2);
– Sporting activities – Roma Aleksandravičienė in Sport Center, (C.b. R.347);
– Library – Daiva Martinkienė, (Library, C.b.);
– Connection to ASU internet network – Andrius Kleinauskas, (C.b., R.135).
Student card of ASU
Incoming ERASMUS students need the ASU student card (the procedure takes 1-2 months) or international ISIC student card (http://int.asu.lt/socrates/Naud_dok/ISIC-information.pdf, more information: http://www.isic.lt/en) to get the discounts for local transportation in Lithuania.
The quickest way is to receive the ISIC card at home or to get this card after arrival to Lithuania. For that the exchange students should get the certificate from ASU International Department and apply for International (ISIC) student card in any travel agency (ex. ZIP Travel http://www.ziptravel.lt/lithuania/en/ or Lithuanians’ World Center http://lwc.lt/render/en.htm).
To get ASU student card the students should fill in application in database for student card: https://lsp.lt/register/
The application is in Lithuanian language. Students can find here the instructions in English how to fulfil it.
Application should be fulfilled exactly according to the data of their applications in the database of applications to ASU for ERASMUS students.
After Your Application form is saved You will receive the username and password by e-mail. After that You can check the status of Your application. When Your application will be confirmed, You should fulfil the reclaim form where You should state department of Swedbank where You intend to take the card. Coming to according department of Swedbank You should bring Your picture. The issue of card will cost 20 Litas.
If not everything will work making it outside Lithuania and You will be not successful, You can make it after arrival in Kaunas.
Internet and network facilities in ASU
PC rooms available for free use at ASU except they are occupied by sessions. When using the PC students should present their student card or other ID for supervisor. At the moment available PC rooms:
- Central building – in Library;
- 3rd building, block C (right side from entrance to 3rd building).
When international students are registered to database of ASU students the username and password for connection to ASU network are provided by network administrators. Before start to connect to internet students should come for registration and consultation to IT department (Dainius Dzemyda, ASU Hostel No 5 (Universiteto st. 8), Room 100, Monday to Friday, 16:30 – 17:00).
If the network system of students’ home University installed the Eduroam system (http://www.eduroam.org/) and students have according usernames and passwords in home University, they can connect to network with those usernames being in hostel of ASU. Please read here about connection to network via Eduroam system.
Before leaving ASU
Each exchange student at ASU before leaving to home University should fulfill following questionnaire: